|SPONSOR AN ATHLETIC SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENT|
$600 or $50/month provides a year-long Athletic Scholarship for a girl in Sodo or Bekoji, Ethiopia. The Scholarship includes:
- Full Scholarship to attend secondary school, including healthcare for student and her mom, daily meals, uniform, books, tutoring, access to school clubs and library, showers and space to wash clothes on the weekend.
- Completion of the GGRF/CCL Life Skills Curriculum developed to create safe spaces for girls and provide experiential learning modules on family planning, financial literacy, HIV/AIDS awareness, nutrition, healthy relationships, leadership, and creative expression.
- Running clothes, shoes and healthy snacks for the year
- Entrance and transportation to Ethiopian races throughout the year
- Oversight of a coach and running mentor
Watch the video above to learn more about the impact that the GGRF Athletic Scholarship Program in Sodo, Ethiopia.
GGRF matches each sponsor with a girl participating in the GGRF Sodo Program or GGRF Bekoji Program. The sponsorship provides the girl with a year long Athletic Scholarship. As an Athletic Scholarship Sponsor, you will receive the following this year:
- Biography and photos of the girl whose scholarship you are sponsoring
- 2 letters from the scholarship recipient, 1 each semester
- 2 report cards, 1 each semester
- Opportunity to write letters to scholarship recipient
For more information, please contact email@example.com and take a look at our Athletic Scholarship Sponsor Information Packet. Thank you!
Photos by Marie Claire Andrea